So once again, I'm going to try to do some blogging regularly. We'll see. That's NOT one of my resolutions! However, I do really enjoy reading my old blog posts and seeing the everyday events of our lives.
Today was a good day. I got to sleep in til around 10am and then Nicky wanted me and the boys to go with him to Home Depot to see how he could spend the gift card he got for his birthday from his parents. He ended up buying a tape measure. Go figure. By then it was nearly lunch time so the boys asked him if we could go to Burger King for lunch and we did. Ugh. The first "official" meal for 2012 and it's BK. Yuck. Oh well, at least it was with the family and I'm pretty sure family time will be in high commodity this year since Nicky will be working a lot of overtime this year. So, I guess it was ok after all. :-)
Once I got home, I started taking down the Christmas decorations and spent the rest of the day doing that. Thankfully they seem to come down faster than they go up. I was sad to see them go, but boy, the house looks so much roomier now with the tree gone! Tomorrow I'll finish putting away the lights and getting things back to where they belong. I love to put the decorations up, but I like when they're gone, too. It's nice to have them to enjoy, but it's nice to get things back to normal. So, I'm feeling pretty good tonight. Nicky was in a good mood all day and hung around the house doing stuff here and there and generally puttering, which is good for him to have some time to relax. He's off tomorrow, too, which means we'll be doing minimal of the regular activities tomorrow.
Ok, so about my "resolutions". One thing I got for Christmas was an iTouch iPod, which I've been wanting forever! I put a Bible app on it and now I can read the Bible anytime I'm where there's a WiFi connection. I'm very excited about that, though I wish it didn't have to wait for WiFi. Argh. On the Bible app, they have reading plans, so I picked one and every day it will take me to my scheduled passage/chapter. I'm very excited about that! That will make my resolution of reading my Bible everyday easier. Yay! :-) I also set my ipod up to give me reminders to 1-read my Bible, 2-take my vitamins, 3-walk/exercise, 4 -eat at least 1 fruit per day, and 5 -blog. Those are pretty much my main "resolutions". Not too much to it, right? I think I've come to realize that it's easy to make resolutions and not so easy to keep them, so I try to make resolutions of things I really, really want to work on. I have some other more personal ones, which I will also work on and the final one is that I'd really like to finish reading the many, many books I have started over the years and never finished. It galls me to no end when I see books sitting around that I've started, but then forgotten about and never finished. So, I'm determined to finish these books this year. I will make a stack of them and present them to you at a later date and then as I finish them, hopefully, I will add them to the list on the sidebar of this blog (if I can get it to work properly!).
So, here's the run-down of my list....
1 - Read my Bible daily
2 - Walk or exercise regularly
3 - Eat at least one piece of fruit daily
4 - Take vitamins regularly
5 - Blog as often as possible
6 - Personal item
7 - Be more kind and gentle & smile and laugh more often, especially with my boys
8 - Finish reading the many books I've started.
I guess that's it. At least for now. I'm sure I'll think of more, which makes me really glad that the Lord gives me a fresh start and a new beginning every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment