Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Bad Mom Award? Maybe....



...or maybe not. It just depends on who you are. ;-)

This year, I've told the girls that on certain days, like when I have park with the boys or golf at 3pm with Levi, they will have to ride the bus home. They've never ridden a school bus before. So, before they actually HAD to ride the bus, we decided to try it. One Thursday a couple weeks back, Levi had golf at 3, but Nicky was home that day, so I told them to ride the bus. They knew Nicky was home so they could call him if they missed the bus. Unfortunately, that day the bottom fell out of the sky and there was a huge thunder and lightning storm and Levi's golf was cancelled. I didn't find this out until 2:45, by which time the girls were on the bus. So, I went back home and got the camera and decided to wait for them at the bus stop to get a picture of their first time on the bus. (Are you getting the picture?? lol)
As the bus came down the street, I snapped a picture through the windshield. The bus driver must have seen me because as she went by the car, she smiled a big "cheesy" smile at me. It was funny. Then, since I was facing the wrong way, I had to roll the window down and turn backwards to get the shot. The girls saw me as they passed in front of the bus and had a "You've got to be kidding" face on. lol Then some kid rolled his bus window down and hollered at me. The girls got in, and as it typical for them, Savannah didn't really care, but Ashton was mortified. She said, "Would you please roll the window up??" I acted very innocent, but funny enough, they weren't even mad. I think they're so used to me taking pictures of them and all they do that it didn't really even phase them. lol
So, do I get the Bad Mom Award? I don't think so. They weren't mad....not even surprised really, and I got some pix of their first time on the school bus. lol

3 comments:

Truth said...

It's funny, we had similar experience a few years back. Two of my girls had to ride the bus for an entire year. First time ever for them. I never did get a pic of them anywhere near the bus. Now I wish I had.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Mom. Someday they'll appreciate all your pictures. love, Mom

Kathy - mom of many said...

Here's consolation for you...if I had children on a school bus, I'd be doing the same thing and you'd be in good company :)