Monday, September 14, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Hi Everybody! I know it's been awhile, but I'm going to try to post a little more faithfully. In the meantime, here's this week's menu. Hope you enjoy it and try some of the recipes.


Sunday - Taco Salad Bowls

Monday - Easy Pepper Steak

Tuesday - Tater Tot Casserole

Wednesday - Hamburger & Noodles

Thursday - Lasagna

Friday - Hot Dogs

Saturday - Creamy Chicken Alfredo



Taco Salad Bowls

4-8" flour tortillas
1 Tbsp. chili powder, divided
3/4 lb. ground beef
1 c. match-like carrot sticks
1/2 c. + 2 Tbsp. salsa, divided
2 Tbsp. mayo
4 c. torn salad greens
1 lg. tomato chopped
1/2 c. shredded mexican cheese


Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Crumple 4 sheets of foil to make four 3" balls. Place on baking sheet. Place 1 tortilla on top of each ball. Spray tortilla with Pam. Sprinkle evenly with chili powder. Bake 6-8 min. or til tortillas are golden brown. (Tortillas will drape over balls.) Brown meat with carrots & chili powder in large skillet. Add 1/2 cup salsa; cook 2 minutes or til heated through. Mix mayo and 2 Tbsp. salsa in large bowl. Add salad greens and tomatoes; toss to coat. Spoon into tortilla shells; top with meat mixture and cheese. Makes 4.

**This is a fun recipe to make and build. We don't make it too often, but when I do I really like it. We do multiply it by a couple times so there's enough for all of us. Plus, I add sour cream and other "taco" toppings, including salsa, so people can build their own taco salad as they like it. One word of caution, these are a little bit difficult to eat. We still can't figure out if we should eat them with forks or our hands. The hands seem to work best, but if you try this recipe, LMK how you eat them. Hope you enjoy it!! :-)

No comments: