Copying from A Piece of the Puzzle:
1. Best childhood gift from Santa: Hmm, frankly, I can't remember a specific gift from Santa, though I know I must have received hundreds over the years. But, my best Christmas gift ever is a tie between a playhouse my dad built, that had our names painted on it alongside Disney characters my uncle had painted and a pair of earrings when I was 11, meaning I could get my ears pierced (after my dad had protested adamantly for months). I think he finally gave in because he felt bad that I broke my arm in 2 places just 10 days before Christmas and was in a cast from wrist up past elbow for 9 weeks. Ugh.
2. Best childhood memories: We always went to my uncle and aunt's house on Christmas Eve and our dads would take us kids in the El Camino around the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights. Then we'd tease our youngest cousin (Charley!) that we heard Santa and he better get to bed soon! Another fav was that my brother and I always got up in the middle of the night on Christmas morning to see what Santa brought. He always left us one thing unwrapped to play with (when we woke up in the middle of the night. How did he know we did that?!?) and we were allowed to open anything in our stockings. Then we ate lots of candy and went back to bed for a few hours.
3. Favorite Christmas cookies: I think I'd have to say homemade chocolate chip. Boring, I know, but dang they're good! :-)
4. Icky Christmas memory: Either the year I was sick when I was 5 or the year both my girls were sick.
5. It's not Christmas without: TV snack and candy canes, Christmas movies and music.
6. Our church service: Our church has a 7pm Christmas Eve service only. I never go because we're always at my inlaws that evening. But, I do watch the Pope's midnight mass while wrapping presents and getting ready for the morning. It's beautiful, even though I have no idea what he's saying! lol Gotta love those commentators!
7. Christmas pet peeve: Companies using "Holiday" or "Seasonal" instead of Christmas when they know darn well that it's Christmas! "....specials for the big holiday coming up" WHY can't they just say Christmas??? Argh!
8. Favorite Christmas cd: I have a lot of cds and I have some fav songs on each one, so maybe a compilation of them all.
9. Real or Fake: Had a mixture of real and fake growing up. We've had real ever since we were married, but now Nicky's ready to move on to a fake one. We may be going fake next year. We'll see.
10. I spend Christmas Eve: with my inlaws. Then, when we come home, we read the Christmas story from Luke 2 and put the kiddies to bed. Then, I spend the rest of the evening.....well, all you moms out there know how I spend the rest of the evening. lol
Merry Christmas! Anyone else want to play along??
1 comment:
Now that was fun to read. I especially liked the firt two.
Post a Comment