A couple days later, we went to the Ft. Lauderdale Museum of Art to see a Norman Rockwell exhibit. It was really neat! Indy was just fascinated by all the artwork! I wish Levi had been, too, so I could have taken a little longer looking at some of the pieces. It was all I could do to keep him under control! lol But, we did have a really nice visit there. They have the coolest exhibits and we've seen several of them. I'm always checking to see what's coming next. I think since I've been studying artists with Indy (Monet last year and Van Gogh this year), it's given him a keener interest in artwork. I'm glad.
Ashton is in the culinary arts program at her high school. When they are freshmen, the fist semester, the teacher mainly focuses on kitchen safety and procedures.....kinda boring, but necessary. However, the do do two main projects the first semester, which are (1) a bread basket for Thanksgiving and (2) a really fancy gingerbread house for Christmas. A couple days before Thanksgiving, she brought her bread basket home and we used it on our Thanksgiving table. Here she is showing her work off. She did a great job, don't you think??
It even had a little stand to set it on made out of braided dough.
Here it is on our Thanksgiving table. And, yes, we did use it to hold our rolls for dinner!
The day after Thanksgiving, Mamo took Indy and Levi to the driving range and then to play miniature golf. They had a lot of fun....of course! Here's Levi on the driving range.

And, here's both boys on the mini golf course.
A couple days after that, we went to a nearby mall where their Santa display was themed around the Polar Express movie. It was really cool! And, man, the boys LOVED it! Here they are in front of the train with snow falling on them. It was so neat to play in the "snow" when it wasn't even cold! Great!
This was a tree in the display. Such a pretty setting. See the snow all over their shoulders??
Here they are on the back of the train. They did talk to Santa, but the people wouldn't let me take photos with my own camera, so there's no pictures of them with Santa.
I thought this was so cute with Levi looking up at the Polar Express train in the giant snowglobe. He thought that was really something!
In the same mall, at a certain time each night during December, they have a snowfall. It's really just tiny, tiny bubbles, but it sure seems like snow. We just have to use our imaginations. lol They have Santa handy and play Christmas music and it's a lot of fun watching the kids play in the snow. Here Indy is catching his snow.




No comments:
Post a Comment