Monday, January 31, 2011

Our 22nd Anniversary

On January 27, it was our 22nd wedding anniversary. We went out to dinner and Nicky bought me some fancy nail and hand cream sets. As he said, frivolous stuff I wouldn't buy for myself. I thought that was nice. Anyway, since it was on a Thursday, and he'd worked all day, he was pooped, so we came home after dinner.

But, the next morning, we took the boys and went over to Fairchild again. I know we just went, but my pass expires soon and Nicky's never, ever been there. Which, I find hard to believe since he's lived here his whole life, but I guess it could be possible. I knew he would like it because he likes plants and gardens outdoors stuff. And, he did. Plus, I worked really hard to get some good pictures. I took a ton, which of course becomes annoying, but here are a few of them.
Nicky with the boys on the tram.
Here's a good one of us by a waterfall in the rainforest garden area.
I was going to take one of the boys and Nicky and someone walking by offered to take one of the four of us, so we let them. I thought it came out pretty darn good! It's weird for me to take "family" pictures without the girls, but I guess I better get used to it, right? It won't be long til they're moved out and on their own and I can't not take pictures of us because they're not there. But, it's still weird. Doesn't look right.
I love pictures like this of all the boys together. So precious.
Anyway, I kinda considered Nicky going with us to Fairchild as part of my anniversary celebration. Later that day was when we went camping with the cub scouts. He actually spent the whole entire weekend with us, doing stuff we wanted to do. That hasn't happened in a long time and since he's getting ready to start overtime, it probably won't happen for a long while to come, so I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

No comments: