Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Feeling Yucky...

Today (Wednesday) I went to the dermatologist and I feel yucky. I had some pre-cancerous sun spots on my hand frozen. He told me he was going to do it then he did the first spot and I jumped. He said, "Oh sorry. Yeah, it's a little cold." A little cold? A little cold?!? Is he kidding?? He shouldn't say "a little cold". He should say "It'll feel like a thousand tiny needles poking into your hand," that's what he should say! "A little cold", hmph! Anyway, now I have blisters on each of those frozen spots and I guess I just have to wait until they pop and scab...sorry, gross details.

Then he removed two small harmless mole thingies from my neck and thigh. Thirdly, he took a biopsy of a spot on my left arm, which he believes is cancer just from looking at it. He says he wants to do the biopsy to see what kind of cancer it is so he can treat it correctly. Finally, he took two "suspicious" moles from my back to biopsy. Those two spots needed a stitch or two each and I have to go back next week to have the stitches removed. Hopefully, they'll have the biopsy results by then. We'll see.

The weirdest thing that happened was that after they did my back, which I was laying on my stomach for, I turned over to sit up and the harmless mole thing on my leg had bled through the bandaid and left blood all over both my legs. Yuck. So, the nurse cleaned it up and turned around to get another bandage. While she had her back turned, I looked at the spot, which was a deep, cored hole, and somehow it just hit me wrong and all of a sudden I felt nauseous. I put my hand over my eyes and about that time the nurse turned around and asked if I was ok. I pulled my hand away to see only black and literally had to fight to keep consciousness. I told her I felt like I was going to pass out, so she laid me down quickly. She got me a lollypop and some water and I cold compress for my head. She said I looked pale, then she made me lay there for about 15 minutes more. I felt ok then.

By the late afternoon, the anesthesia was wearing off my back and the two on my back and the blisters on my hand were all feeling achey. By the late evening, I was feeling very tired and run down. I took some Tylenol for the pain and I'm sure by tomorrow I'll feel better.

2 comments:

Kathy - mom of many said...

Sometimes the suspicious ones turn out to be benign...happened to Steve. Dr. said almost certain cancerous and it was benign after removal and biopsy.
Hopefully, yours will be benign too.

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Mylinda, I'm just catching up on my blog-reading and saw this. When do you get the results? I'll be praying for you that everything turns out to be benign.

And, just to save time, I'll say here that I loved the pictures from your trip. How beautiful!! It looks like you had a great time.