This is a waterfall about 10 minutes from my mom's house. It's at the end of a trail through the woods that is a very nice walk. We took the dogs, Big Mac and my brother's dog, Zoe and they both had a lot of fun splashing in the water. Just about where Ashton (in pink) is standing, there's a little pool that is perfect for the little guys.
Here's Levi (left), Indy (center), and our nephew, Aaron next to that little pool.
Here's a nice little picture of Savannah, Ashton, Indy, and our other nephew, Andrew. Now, you wanna see where they are??
Look at the very tip top of the waterfall. See the pink? That's Ashton surrounded by the others. You can imagine how I held my breath at seeing them up that high....and that close to the edge! Apparently, the trail we walked goes up even further than we went, to the top of the waterfall. And, according to the kids, the waterfall actually goes up even higher than they are, but they couldn't see a trail....thank goodness!!! lol
Here's the two doggies enjoying themselves. Poor Zoe is so old now that she's slower than she used to be and Mac just wants to play with her.
Here's the little boys playing on the rocks. Just as we were getting ready to leave, Levi slipped on the rocks and puctured his head....wow, big surprise, huh?? lol But, it was pretty small and he was fine. When we got home, I put some cream and a band aid and he was just fine. At 5 bandaids heal a lot, don't they?? lol
Here's a good one of my brother. Smile, Rich!! :-)Levi, Aaron, Indy. I was so impressed with this picture! I set it on a rock and then set the timer. It actually worked! I was so excited!! Oh, I forgot Mac and Zoe, too!
I think it was the next day, we went gem mining. The kids always love that. They get their "treasures" examined by the staff and then separate the "treasures" from the regular "pretty rocks".....then they keep both. Naturally. They always ask to go gem mining, though. And, we like to watch them.

My mom has Andrew's old pedal thingie at her house. It's been too small for Andrew, but too big for Aaron, so when they moved to Texas they left it here. My boys are the perfect size and they just love this thing! Every single morning before I was ever up, the boys would eat some cereal, let Mac out, and then go in the front yard and play on this (and another little bicycle thing) in their pj's. It was sooo cute! Just outside the bottom of this picture, there's a crack in the driveway that the boys are not allowed to pass and they're very attentive to that crack because they know they'll have to come inside if they aren't. lol Isn't Levi cute???
One day I took the kids over to the cemetery to see my dad's grave. They all know he's not there, but in heaven instead, but they like to go there. I think they feel like it's almost like visiting him. While the boys were running around Savannah laid down in the grass. I thought this was a neat picture.
And, here's the boys "visiting" Grandfather. We bought one blue flower to add to those already in there. It's the brightest blue one there.
This is a picture of kudzu, which is a vine that grows rampant in NC during the summer. In the winter, it's just a bunch of brown, dead-looking vines that are pretty ugly, but in the summer, I personally think they're pretty. But, they do take over everything that doesn't sit still. My aunt used to have a goat named "Billy" (Billy goat, get it?? lol) who they'd tie out in different places in the yard to eat the kudzu up. He loved it!! It was pretty funny. Anyway, Savannah wanted to take a picture of this to show Juan because he didn't believe that it was everywhere. She just had to show him.
Our last night there, we had a big family gathering. We had all sorts of cousins and aunts and uncles and "button-hole" cousins and it was a blast! They do that all the time, but we always miss their get-togethers because we live here, so we really enjoyed this one. Here, Levi is playing with the golf putting toy my cousin Jason gave him for his birthday. Everyone is watching him and cheering him on. He seriously played with that toy for about 2 straight hours!
I think it was the next day, we went gem mining. The kids always love that. They get their "treasures" examined by the staff and then separate the "treasures" from the regular "pretty rocks".....then they keep both. Naturally. They always ask to go gem mining, though. And, we like to watch them. 
My mom has Andrew's old pedal thingie at her house. It's been too small for Andrew, but too big for Aaron, so when they moved to Texas they left it here. My boys are the perfect size and they just love this thing! Every single morning before I was ever up, the boys would eat some cereal, let Mac out, and then go in the front yard and play on this (and another little bicycle thing) in their pj's. It was sooo cute! Just outside the bottom of this picture, there's a crack in the driveway that the boys are not allowed to pass and they're very attentive to that crack because they know they'll have to come inside if they aren't. lol Isn't Levi cute???
One day I took the kids over to the cemetery to see my dad's grave. They all know he's not there, but in heaven instead, but they like to go there. I think they feel like it's almost like visiting him. While the boys were running around Savannah laid down in the grass. I thought this was a neat picture.
And, here's the boys "visiting" Grandfather. We bought one blue flower to add to those already in there. It's the brightest blue one there.
This is a picture of kudzu, which is a vine that grows rampant in NC during the summer. In the winter, it's just a bunch of brown, dead-looking vines that are pretty ugly, but in the summer, I personally think they're pretty. But, they do take over everything that doesn't sit still. My aunt used to have a goat named "Billy" (Billy goat, get it?? lol) who they'd tie out in different places in the yard to eat the kudzu up. He loved it!! It was pretty funny. Anyway, Savannah wanted to take a picture of this to show Juan because he didn't believe that it was everywhere. She just had to show him.
Our last night there, we had a big family gathering. We had all sorts of cousins and aunts and uncles and "button-hole" cousins and it was a blast! They do that all the time, but we always miss their get-togethers because we live here, so we really enjoyed this one. Here, Levi is playing with the golf putting toy my cousin Jason gave him for his birthday. Everyone is watching him and cheering him on. He seriously played with that toy for about 2 straight hours! Well, I guess that's it....finally. Hope you enjoyed "seeing" our trip instead of just "hearing" about it. Luckily for you I'm not going on another trip for a long time!! lol




No comments:
Post a Comment