Monday, August 17, 2009

Menu Plan Monday


Well Hello!! I'm baaack! lol Back to the old grind, eh? Yep! As part of getting back into a routine, I'm posting my menu plan for this week. Hope you all had a wonderful summer and are ready to get back to a normal routine....I know I am! Actually, I think this is the first time in countless years that I'm sad to see summer go. I didn't get all my projects done, but the big ones I did, so at least that's good. Anyway, without further ado, here's my menu plan....enjoy!
Sunday- Arroz con pollo
Tuesday- Kielbasa with Onion Roasted Potatoes and Julienned Vegetable Saute
Wednesday- Country Skillet Supper
Thursday- Noodle Dish
Friday- Philly Cheesesteak Sandwiches
Saturday- Scallops Charleston
Country Skillet Supper
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. onion, chopped
1/8 tsp. garlic
1 can mushroom soup
1 can beef broth
1/2 tsp. thyme
1- 14 oz. can diced tomatoes
1 small yellow squash, sliced
1 1/2 c. uncooked corkscrew pasta
Cook beef, onion, & garlic in skillet until browned. Pour off fat. Add soup, broth, thyme, tomatoes, & squash. Heat to a boil. Stir in pasta. Cook over low heat 15 minutes or til done.
Scallops Charleston
1 1/2 pounds fresh sea scallops
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil
flour for dusting
3/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
1 shallot, finely chopped
8 oz. mushrooms, quartered
2 Tbsp. butter
3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Season scallops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil and paprika. Dust with flour. Saute in a pan that has been lightly coated with nonstick spray and a small amount of olive oil. Cook until browned on both sides and remove from pan. To the pan drippings, add sherry, shallots, and mushrooms; cook 3-4 minutes.
In separate saucepan, melt butter over medium heat and add 3 Tbsp. flour. Mix well and cook over low heat for two minutes stirring constantly. Pour shallots, mushrooms, and liquid from scallops into flour mixture. Mix well and stir scallops into sauce. (If it's too thick, you can thin with a little clam juice or chicken stock.) Transfer to four individual baking dishes, top with cheese and broil for 1 minute, until browned. Serve with wild rice.

**Ok, on this recipe, I use sliced provolone cheese, as my family likes it better. I also use brown rice intead of wild rice, but you can use whatever you prefer.
Julienned Vegetable Saute
1 large red pepper, cut into very thin strips
1 large yellow pepper, cut into very thin strips
2 large carrots, cut into very thin strips
1 med. onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 c. olive oil
2 large zucchini, cut into thin strips
1 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. each Salt & Pepper
Cook 1st 5 ingredients in hot oil in large skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly. Add zucchini strips and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly til tender. Stir in basil and salt & pepper.

No comments: