Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Critters, Critters, Everywhere!!

I thought I made it abundantly clear to my family that I don't like lizards. I thought they understood that I have an unreasonable fear of lizards. I thought it was clearly understood that there was to never, ever, ever be lizards in my home deliberately. But, I guess I was wrong. I guess I forgot to explain to the younger half of my children these vital points. I guess I didn't clearly explain to them that in high school, when some "friends" thought they'd be cute and throw a lizard at me (which subsequently bounced right off me) I nearly hyperventilated. I guess I haven't made myself abundantly clear, but I will now.

You see, a few days ago, Indy found two lizard eggs outside by the swing, and being a boy, and not knowing what kind of eggs they were, he promptly found a container and put them inside there and placed them on his shelf. Well, yesterday, Levi found them and dropped one, which opened and guess what?? Yes, it's true. There was a live lizard in it. I don't think it was quite ready to hatch, but Levi just helped it along. So the kids put some grass, water, the live lizard and the unhatched egg into the old hermit crab container. Now we have one baby lizard running around the cage and one to soon hatch. This shows how much I love my children, right? Right?? Don't worry....in a few days, once the other one has hatched, I will make sure they are far, far away from my home. lol And then, the hermit crab cage will be empty and ready for the next new critter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are soooooo funny. love, Mom

Leslie said...

I agree with Mom, you are soooooo funny. I literally laughed out loud at this one. good luck with all the "baby" happenings around there.