It all started with a coupon. Indy got his last Book It! coupon, so I decided to take him to Pizza Hut to collect. Book It!, for those of you who aren't familiar, is a reading program sponsored by Pizza Hut that rewards kids K-6 grade for meeting their reading goal (set by parents or teachers) each month from October to March. We have done this program for several years with the girls and last year was Indy's first year to participate. Unfortunately, I often forget to give him the coupon and then they expire. So, he finally received his March coupon and before it too expired, I decided that since I'd be at the chiropractor today, which is near the Pizza Hut we go to, that we'd hit it for lunch. Well, after the chiropractor, I wanted to stop by the Bible store to pick up some Bibles I had engraved for Christmas gifts (yes, Christmas), before going for lunch. I headed that way, but unfortunately, the road was closed for construction and the way around, would be going right by the Pizza Hut. So, being that it was already 11:45, and the fact that I hate to backtrack, I decided to just get lunch first.
We showed up to Pizza Hut and the first strange thing that happened was that some man watched us walk from our car, then opened the door for us and said, "Welcome to Pizza Hut! We love children here at Pizza Hut!". We smiled and looked at each other, but thought that was weird because it's never happened before. We walked in and were seated immediately, which usually does happen. But, we noticed that there seemed to be a little tension in the air and then I noticed all the bosses hanging around. You can always tell bosses because they're the only ones not actually working. lol They stand around critiquing everyone and everything. (No offense to all those bosses out there, especially the ones who do work!) Anyway, we got our food (from the buffet) and I mentioned to Ashton that there were bosses here and showed her. Then, we also noticed that the workers were keeping right on top of the customers and the buffet. Everytime there was even a little bit of stuff spilled, someone immediately cleaned it up, plus, the food was constantly replenished, which doesn't always happen in a timely matter. And, on top of that, the boys were each brought a balloon, which also never happens. In one sense, it was nice and the service was great, but in another sense, it was kinda stressful, even for us.
So, after a few minutes, we saw a lady with a camera come into the restaurant and speak with the man who opened the door for us (We found out later that he was the owner of the restaurant and 63 other Pizza Huts from the county north of us down to Key West!) and one of the other bosses. I noticed an i.d. badge on her and saw that it was from the huge local paper in our city. Apparently, she was doing some sort of article either on the man or the restaurant and that was the reason for all the bosses and good service and cleanliness, etc. Anyway, they started looking around and I thought, "Uh oh", and I was right. The man came over and told me what they were doing and would it be ok if they took some pictures of us for the paper? I said ok and then he noticed that Indy had already eaten all his pizza and no pizza in front of the little boy would not do, so he took Indy over to the buffet bar and got him another plate and two slices of pizza, with the reporter taking pictures the whole time. After she finished with the pictures, she asked my name and the names and ages of the kids. One of the bosses came over afterwards and got my name and number and gave me her card so she could let me know when it will be in the paper.
So, pretty cool, huh? I was thinking after about the whole weird thing and how if I had been able to get to the Bible store first, I would have missed the reporter and everything. I mentioned it to Ashton and commented that it was God's timing and for some reason, He wanted us there for that. I don't know why or what purpose it will serve, but it was definitely His timing and will for us to be there for that. Isn't it interesting how He coordinates things and plans your day when you think you plan it and how He sometimes puts little surprises in just for fun?? :-)
1 comment:
You know what they say..."If you want to give God a chuckle, just tell him your plans."
later & love, Mom
Post a Comment