Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

I know it was 2 days ago, but I'm finally getting a chance to post this. On Saturday, we went to the zoo for their annual egg hunt and party. It's just looking for eggs in hay, but the kids really like doing this. They have a rock wall, bounce house, crafts, and other misc. fun things to do. It's a nice time, but usually hot, as it was this time. Anyway, first I have some pix from Saturday.


After the boys found all their eggs, Savannah and Juan "helped" them open them to find the candy, toys, stickers, etc. They all had fun, and the boys didn't even mind sharing. :-)


Levi was resting on this haybale while Juan and Savannah were counting the hundreds of spring items in the cars on display for a guessing game. It was cute that he was right next to the Happy Easter sign.

On Saturday evening, we dyed eggs. We hide them in the morning and sometimes after Easter a time or two, and yes, we do eat them, but more than anything, the kids love to dye the eggs.




Even Juan dyed eggs with us. He showed off his artistic abilities.

On Sunday morning, after hunting eggs and eating some candy, we went to church. Doesn't everyone look so nice?



After church, we went home, changed clothes, and ate some lunch. A little later we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's house for the afternoon. The girls hid eggs for the boys that Grandma had set aside for them. Here they're hunting the elusive eggs. lol


We had a really nice time over there, but most of the day this is what the boys did. Grandma and Grandpa are doing some home improvements and they have two piles of sand in their yard. Well, the boys played in one of the sand piles the whole time. They had so much fun and were disappointed to hear that the sand is actually going to be used so it will be gone next time they're there. {sniff sniff} But they sure enjoyed it today!!


At one point, Nicky and his dad were outside looking at some stuff, so I knew they were watching the boys, but they'd been out there so long, so I went out to check on everyone and see what was going on. I looked out and saw this:

I thought this was such a nice picture of them just sitting there talking, spending some time together. What a neat memory.

And, as we were getting ready to leave, Grandma got all the big kids together for a hug. I got a group shot of them. They look like they're having fun, huh? They always do with Grandma! lol See the flowers behind Ashton's head? These are some lilies Grandma has growing in her yard. She cut off a few for Juan's mom. They are really pretty, huh? She gave me two of these plants for my "lily beds", when I finally get them weeded out!! Argh. Gotta get finished with school first. Soon, soon......

Well, I hope you all had as wonderful and relaxing day as we had and that you remember the real reason for Easter: God's gift of salvation through His Son. Happy Easter!

No comments: