Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Convention

A couple weeks ago, I went to our state homeschool convention in Orlando. It's HUGE! And, I am sooo not kidding! There are thousands of people there! It's easy to get overwhelmed, but you can really get a good idea of curriculums and what might or might not work for your kids. Plus, the best thing is that you can see stuff and look through it before actually purchasing it. And, another plus is that there is no shipping costs, if you purchase at the convention and many times there's deals just for that weekend. They also have bunches of lectures on many different topics. Some are from the vendors and some are from "experts" and some are from moms with years of experience. They are very informative and I always have trouble deciding which talks to go to and which ones to buy on cd. Luckily, this year our support group purchased the whole entire convention (meaning all the talks) on one cd thing that you can download to your computer and then onto your ipod. So, I didn't have to buy any cds this time!! Whoo hoo! More money to spend on books!! (Yeah, just what I need....more books! lol)

Well, it ended up that I took Indy with me for multiple reasons, but it worked out ok. He was pretty bored, but luckily, some of his friends went, too, so he was able to hang out with them some, too. I found some great curriculums and even bought a bunch of stuff for the boys.
Here's Indy and me in the vendor hall.

One night, a whole group of us went to a dinner show there in Orlando. They had a booth in our vendor hall and we got an awesome deal from them. The show normally costs about $40, but with the convention deal, it cost us $10 for the adults and $15 per kid. Weird, I know, but what can you say? I sure didn't complain about the cost because even with Indy it only cost me $25, which would have normally cost me $40. Anyway, it was nice and the food was ok and the service was good and Indy especially really liked the show. He was mesmerized watching it and I had to keep reminding him to eat. It was funny. I think the best part was at the end when they let all the horses out into the arena with no tack on them at all. They were just running around and rolling on the ground and playing with each other. It was awesome and I could have watched that all night. It was really cool.




This was at the end when they let the horses run free. Just beautiful!
It was a good trip and it was nice spending some time alone with Indy. But, I must say, it was an exhausting trip, too. I'm glad to be home. :-)

No comments: