
Once again, it's Monday and time for this week's menu.
Sunday- Steak and Spinach Pinwheels
Monday- Oven-Baked Chicken Parmesan
Tuesday- BBQ Beef
Wednesday- Hamburger & Noodles
Thursday- Baked Chicken
Friday- Noodle Dish
Saturday- Tacos
Steak & Spinach Pinwheels
1 lb. very thinly sliced round steak
1 pkg. frozen spinach
8 oz. shredded parmesan cheese (should not be from can)
salt & pepper to taste
Thaw and drain well the spinach. I like to squeeze it in order to make sure that all the moisture is out of it. Take one slice of beef and spread a thin layer of spinach over it. Top with cheese and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Roll up beef slices and secure rolls with toothpicks. Cut through rolls into slices, forming pinwheel shapes. Each roll should yield about three pinwheels. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until beef cooks through. Serve.
* I find that parmesan cheese adds a really nice tang to the beef and spinach. I've also used mozzarella when I'm short on Parmesan and had good results.
(Thanks to my friend Lori, for this recipe.)
** The notes above are from Lori, but these are my notes: I only made these once, but I used mozzarella and it worked fine. We don't like "real" parmesan...only the can stuff. lol LMK if you try this and how you like it.
Have a yummy week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment