Monday, June 1, 2009

June First

Today is the infamous June First. Why is it infamous? Well, if you've read my blog for more than a year, you know that June 1st is the beginning of Hurricane Season. Ugh. I don't think I really need to say anymore about that. If you want to know more about that, you can look at my archives for June 1 of last year....and the year before....and the year before, etc. The End.

I think I'm a little funny. Each month I change all my calendars, as everyone does, but I also update all my "monthly" decorations around the house, including tablecloths. I just love the change of "seasons" around here. Actually, I really do like to do the changing seasons thing, even though our "seasons" are a little different here than around the rest of the country. I have this preschool decoration, which is a big tree with 4 different looks, one for each season. I just LOVE changing it! As a matter of fact, I even keep it posted up on the door in my laundry room so I can look at it often. I have no idea why. I just like it. Anyway, on the first of June, September, December, and March, I change it for the ensuing season. Today I put up the summer one. I'll show you the others when they come, if I remember, but in the meantime, here's this one....



Isn't it cute??
Also, the beginning of June marks the beginning of the rainy season around here. We've needed rain so badly, and in the last week or so we've begun to get our daily afternoon thunderstorms. In a way it's really nice, but the best thing is this....

These are my lilies in my front yard. I really like them because since I have such a "black" thumb and seem to kill every plant I touch, these somehow survive me. lol I think it's because they're from bulbs that are protected under the ground. When the weeds get too much and I haven't taken proper care of them, Nicky will just mow over the whole thing, lilies and all, and yet, they come back again in just a few weeks. I just love that!! lol
These big, bright pink ones are from the house I grew up in.


These littler, pinkish/purplish ones are from the house Nicky grew up in. Pretty cool, huh??

And, the final thing about June 1, is that today is the day Nicky buys his hunting license for this coming fall. He's always happy on June 1! :-)
See? June first is a very "special" day around here. Plus, we always say it's the beginning of summer, even though the first official day is June 21. So, we're off and running into summer! Have a great one!! :-)

No comments: