Well, it's that time again, so here is this week's menu. I've even included a couple new recipes. Enjoy!Sunday- Corn Dog Casserole
Monday- Saucy Beef over Rice
Tuesday- Crockpot Chicken
Wednesday- Onion Baked Pork Chops
Thursday- Baked Ziti
Friday- Hot Dogs in Crescents
Saturday- Frozen dinner
Corn Dog Casserole
2 cups thinly sliced celery
2 T. butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
1 1/2 lb. hot dogs
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
2 t. rubbed sage
1/4 t. pepper
2- 8 oz. pkg. corn muffin mix
2 cups shredded cheddar, divided
In a skillet, saute celery in butter for 5 min. Add onions, saute 5 min. Place in large bowl, set aside. Cut hot dogs lengthwise in quarters, then into thirds. Saute hot dogs 5 min., til browned; add to veggies. Set aside 1 cup. In another large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sage, & pepper. Add hot dog mixture. Stir in corn muffin mixes. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese. Spread into shallow 3 quart casserole dish. Top with reserved hot dog mixture & remaining cheese. Bake uncovered at 400 degrees for 30 min. or golden brown. Makes 12 servings.
**I have never made this recipe, but I'm going to be trying it this Sunday (I'm writing this on Friday). I probably will not use the sage since I don't have any and don't want to go buy it for this. I'll let you know how it goes. If you try it, or any of my recipes for that matter, please let me know what you think.
Onion Baked Pork Chops
1 envelope Golden Onion soup mix (or onion or savory herb)
1/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs
4 pork chops, 1" thick
1 egg, well beaten
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In small bowl, combine soup mix & bread crumbs. Dip chops in egg, then bread crumb mixture, until evenly coated. In lightly greased 13x9 pan, arrange chops. Bake uncovered 20 minutes or until done, turning once.
** Funny enough, I haven't tried this one either, but I will be cooking it this Wednesday. I'll let you know how this one works.
1 comment:
Looks yummy!
Post a Comment