Tuesday, May 12, 2009

What's Happening?

I haven't been super faithful with blogging lately, but I have good reason. I've been super busy finishing up our school year. I'm writing this on Sunday night, but probably won't post it until Tuesday (so you will know my perspective).

Last week we were "cramming" (not really, but it's what I call it) for testing this upcoming week. At the end of each school year, each registered homeschool child needs to be evaluated in one of 5 available ways. I choose a standardized test, which I then have evaluated by a certified teacher, who in turn gives me a letter of approval, which I then send into the county...whew! lol So, this week, Ashton and Indy will have their annual testing. This happens on Thursday and Friday, in the mornings, so if you think of it, please pray for them. Indy is a little nervous, as it's his first testing experience. Ashton just likes to see her friends. lol But seriously, the last couple weeks have been a little hectic, preparing for testing. Indy is done now, but Ashton still has a little more to go over tomorrow. I always give them the 2 days before testing off, just to kinda "chill" before the big day, especially since we've been working so hard lately. We're all wiped out.

Another reason I haven't been so faithful blogging is because I discovered Farm Town on Facebook. I created a farm and am having fun playing with that in my "spare time" (ha!). So when I have a couple minutes to play on the computer, I usually check email then go to my farm. Now with school coming to a close, I'll hopefully blog a little more.

This week coming up is going to be a busy one...wanna see?
Monday- laundry, dog to vet, S to school, schoolwork with A, L to golf
Tuesday- A to doctor, last park day, library books due, M to sign language (WAVE) practice in pm
Wednesday- banks, grocery shop at Publix and BJ's, zoo with friends, S to orthodontist, church in pm
Thursday- testing for I & A, food co-op distribution, M meeting in pm
Friday- testing for I & A, used schoolbook sale, playdate for L, youth group for A
Saturday- dog shots, party for A
Add to all that the regular stuff of getting Nicky up and off to work, Savannah to school and back home again, cooking, cleaning, laundry throughout the week, etc. Whew! I'm pooped just thinking about it! lol So, I may not be around too much this week either. We'll see.

Also, Indy went home with my inlaws today and he's staying with them until Wednesday night, when they will meet me at church for the "hand off". I will miss him. Levi already said he missed him a little earlier. He's gonna drive me crazy, needing someone to play with! lol Maybe with all our activities, he'll be entertained enough. We'll see.

I think a soon-to-come post will be about my summer goals. Since I will only be schooling the boys next year, my schedule will work a little easier. They will be going to VBS at a local church the week of June 8. I thought I'd start school the next week, which is June 15, but I think I might wait til June 22. We'll see. Yes, I usually start school in the summer. First of all, it's too stinkin' hot outside to do very much, except in the evenings, so doing school during the daytime is better than them watching tv all day. Second, any school I get done in the summer, puts me that many weeks ahead when the regular schools start, relieving me of pressure to keep up. Third, having those weeks ahead allows me to take a week off when my mom comes down in the fall or even the whole month of December or time off when the weather is beautiful here in January, without guilt that I'm falling behind. I really like starting in the summer, but we'll have to see when I'm actually ready. It will be either the 15th or 22nd.

Sorry, I chased a rabbit about school. I was talking about summer goals. That'll have to come, after I have 5 minutes to think. I have a bunch of ideas swirling around in my head, but I want to organize them before posting. So, I hope you all have a great week and if you don't hear from me, you'll know where I am....either running around town or working on my farm. lol See ya soon!

No comments: