Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mother's Day, Part 2

These are pictures from Mother's Day, that I didn't get on my last Mother's Day post.




Here's me and my kids.

And, this is Nicky and his mom. And, yes, she's as funny as she seems!
And, these are flowers that Indy bought me for Mother's Day. Actually, the children's division at church were selling flowers for a camp fundraiser and Indy saw it. He came running upstairs to where we were sitting and asked me for $8. I said no and he looked disappointed and told me he wanted to buy me flowers. I relented and gave him the $8 and he bought me these flowers. It was so sweet and he was so proud! :-)
The day before Mother's Day, our church sponsored an interdenominational Procession of Healing, which was also held in several other cities around the country. There was a symbolic funeral service for aborted babies, along with a couple of testimonies of how God healed these women of their guilt over their abortions. Sadly, they also had a baby casket and a guy played Amazing Grace on bagpipes. Afterwards, we had a driving procession of 13 miles, past 2 abortion clinics. The police apparently wouldn't help us with a motor patrol, so we were on our own. It may sound kinda morbid, but it was a silent protest against abortion and it was very touching. There is a website done by the organizers of the Procession of Healing. Check it out, if you want. I hope next time more people will participate and it will be even bigger.


Ok, so I think that's it for Mother's Day for this year. Whew! Took long enough, right?? lol

2 comments:

Truth said...

Love the pics and the flowers were worth it, weren't they?

Glad to hear of the testimonies of healing of the guilt these women carried. So often young ladies are duped into abortion only to later realize what they have done. I know someone close, I won't name, who 20 some odd years later can't forgive herself, yet has battled such emotional junk for way too long. I'd love to see her healed and then turn and use her story for good.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of you & the kids. Even Savannah's smiling. And what a cute picture of Nicky & his Mom.

And I would say the flowers were definitely worth it.

Happy Belated Mother's Day. Love, Mom