Monday, May 11, 2009

Menu Plan Monday



Ok, it's that time again....so here's this week's menu.

Sunday- BBQ Chicken, baked beans, corn on cob

Monday- Steak and Mushrooms

Tuesday- Taco Casserole

Wednesday- Some kind of chicken

Thursday- Eggplant Parmigiana

Friday- Sloppy Joes

Saturday- Shrimp Scampi Bake

Taco Casserole

1 lb. ground beef

1-8oz. sour cream

1-8oz. tomato sauce

1 cup cottage cheese

2 cups Monterrey jack cheese

1 small onion

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 envelope taco mix

2 cups crushed tortilla chips

Brown beef. Add onion, garlic, taco mix, and tomato sauce. Mix and set aside. Combine sour cream and cottage cheese. Set aside. Spray Pam on 13 x 9 pan. Place 1/2 crushed chips in bottom of pan. Add enough meat mixture to cover chips, then add 1/2 sour cream mixture and 1/2 grated cheese. Repeat layers. Bake 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees.

***This dish can be tweaked to your own tastes. Basically, everything is cooked before it gets baked, and the taste will still be a "taco" type taste, but the textures can vary depending on your family's taste. I usually use more chips and tomato sauce. I think I use a little more cheese, too. But, I would suggest to make it following the recipe the first time and see how you like it. Then next time you can change it, as desired. Have fun!! :-)

No comments: