Thursday, May 28, 2009

Springtime, continued...

This is an update on the Springtime post I put up a few weeks ago....

Remember I wrote about the bird who was tormenting my cat a few weeks ago? Well, this is a follow-up on that. I was hanging laundry and heard that same bird fussing at me, in the back yard. I couldn't figure out why since the nest was out front and not near me at all. Well, I finally figured it out. One of the baby birds had gotten out of the nest and was hopping around and trying to fly...apparently heading toward the back yard. So, of course I had to go find the baby and photograph it. Here is the baby bird in a tree.

He saw me and wasn't quite sure what to do next. It was funny. By this time the mommy was getting a little too close to me and I didn't want to completely freak out the baby, so I went away and got a shot of the nest.

Here's the nest waaaay up high in our pine tree. It looked like a pretty good nest. And, even with all our rain and wind lately, the nest is still up there. Oh, and unfortunately, one other baby bird fell out of the nest and died in our front yard. It was sad. But, at least this one made it. Maybe more, I don't know. We didn't see how many were in there to start with.

And, by now, there are no baby birds or mommys around anymore. I kinda miss them.

No comments: